- Regulation Amendments and Environmental Task Force Selection on September 25 Council Agenda 2018-09-22 - Are you concerned about the process and transparency of future hearings for citizen complaints for oil and gas development? If so, you may want to email your comments before Tuesday’s 5 p.m. Study Session to Council at firstname.lastname@example.org or to individual Council Member emails found here. Other oil and gas related items on Tuesday’s agendas include Draft Ordinance No. 2076 – Amending the Broomfield Subdivision Regulations to Increase Setbacks from Oil and Gas Wells, the selection of the Environmental Stewardship Advisory Task Force and an Executive Session on the proposed Crestone Gotl Pad. The current version of Ordinance 2076 has...
- Write or Speak at Tuesday Council Special Meeting for Resolution Against Amendment 74 2018-09-16 - Please consider writing to Council or speaking at the Special Meeting at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, September 18 in support of Item 2b Resolution No. 2018-189 to Oppose Amendment 74, Compensation for Reduction in Fair Market Value by Government Law or Regulation. Related to resident concerns about oil and gas development, the introduction to this Council resolution states that “Under 74, a law or regulation that results in any decrease in the fair market value of a property, as opposed to the current standard of an almost total loss in value or use, becomes a regulatory taking. For example, if...
- Write Council to Support Resolution Against Initiative 108/Amendment 74 2018-09-10 - In addition to the news that the CDP received final approval after the City accepted Extraction’s Submittal Letter, there are other oil and gas items on the September 11 City Council agenda. Please consider writing to Council in support of Item 17b Draft Resolution No. 2018-189 Adopting a Resolution to Oppose Initiative #108, Which Amends the Colorado Constitution to Limit State and Local Government Regulatory Authority. You can email City Council at: email@example.com The proposed resolution states that Initiative 108 [also referred to as Amendment 74 for the ballot] would “require the government, i.e., the taxpayers, to compensate private property owners...
- Write the City to Express Your Concerns that CDP Was Approved 2018-08-21 - Are you concerned that the City approved the CDP even though it does not comply with the Operator Agreement, City Charter and updated Comprehensive Plan? If so, please take a moment to email City Manager Charles Ozaki and our City Council and express your concerns. City Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org City Council: email@example.com You can read about the approval here. The Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission (COGCC) has not yet approved the drilling permits for the Interchange A & B, Northwest A, Northwest B and United Pads. You can read others’ concerns about the approval of the CDP here: “Local Organizations...
- Sign the Petition to the City of Broomfield: Deny the CDP 2018-08-16 - Join us in making a statement to the City of Broomfield! We invite you to read and sign the petition to the City of Broomfield to deny Extraction’s Comprehensive Drilling Plan (CDP). Please sign by Friday, August 17 at 11 am, and we will first deliver the petition to the City at noon on August 17. The short deadline is necessary to impact decisions which could be made at any time. However, please continue to sign the petition through the weekend as there will be a second delivery of signatures to the City on Monday, August 20. You may...
“What can I do?” you ask? Simple. There are many ways to make a difference. From the simple act of writing a letter or an email, to showing up at an event, to hosting a small group at your home.
Here are 5 Things You Can Always Do
- Be Informed and Inform Others
Learn about proposed projects and the potential impacts on Broomfield’s neighborhoods, schools and drinking water. Share what you learn with your neighbors.
- Sign up for Updates, News and Action Alerts Today
Use our signup form in the right of this page to sign up.
- Host a Small Wine or Coffee Gathering
Invite in a few of your friends or neighbors to a wine or coffee gathering and we will provide a speaker to tell them about current and future oil and gas development in Broomfield.
- Attend Broomfield City Council Meetings
Your attendance when oil and gas issues are discussed energizes the Council to keep fighting for us. When available, agendas are posted at: http://broomfield.granicus.com/ViewPublisher.php?view_id=6
- Call and Write Our Elected Officials and the State Regulatory Agencies
By calling, writing a letter or email you help raise the voice of concerned citizens. Consider sending a short email, a postcard or a letter to any of the following, letting them know you have concerns and asking for a response. Download a contact list for Broomfield here. Download a contact list for state elected officials, state regulatory agencies, and federal elected officials for Colorado here.