- Please Review the Oil and Gas Update Committee Documents and Attend the August 29 Study Session 2017-08-22 - The Oil and Gas Update Committee Documents are available for review before the August 29 City Council Study Session at 6 pm. You can find the chapter which is proposed to be added to the Comprehensive Plan here. A separate document listing “Regulatory & Agreement Recommendations” can be found here. If you have any concerns after you review the documents or you wish to write Council in support of the recommendations in the documents, you can find the email addresses here. The City includes emails received by some cut-off time on Friday before a Council meeting on the agenda link....
- Request from the Broomfield Health and Safety First Initiative Committee: Attend Broomfield City Council August 22 for the Ballot Measure 2017-08-21 - On Tuesday, August 22, the Broomfield City Council will set the title language for the November ballot measure that seeks to ensure that citizens’ health, safety and welfare are protected when the City makes oil and gas decisions. This is the next step in the process after the Broomfield County Clerk accepted 2,847 of the signatures that Broomfield residents gathered and submitted for the initiative. Please come to the Broomfield City Council Meeting this Tuesday, August 22 at 6:00 p.m and show your support for an accurate representation of this measure that requires Broomfield to put health and safety first when it comes...
- Ask City Council to Take Action to Delay Spacing Unit Application Hearings 2017-07-23 - Are you one of the many residents of Broomfield who feel that something needs to be done to delay the Extraction and Crestone spacing unit applications from moving forward at the COGCC meeting on September 11 in Durango? The Oil and Gas Update Committee has not completed its work and City Council needs time to decide what it will enact or change. There are a myriad of possibilities being proposed to allow time for completion, and it is not only because it is natural for different people to favor different approaches. Unfortunately, it sometimes seems like we are throwing darts...
- Write Officials to Ask Extraction to Move State Hearing to December 2017-07-17 - Please write our local and state officials to ask Extraction Oil and Gas to postpone its Colorado Oil and Gas Commission (COGCC) hearing on its spacing applications for the Broomfield pads until December in Denver. If possible, please write before Wed, 7/19 so they receive them before the Oil and Gas Public Meeting. Here is the brief background you need to know, with the letter writing points following. At the 7/13 CCOB Oil and Gas Update Committee meeting, CCOB staff made a surprise announcement that Extraction had just filed six spacing unit applications with the COGCC for the Lowell, Sheridan,...
- Request from the Broomfield Health and Safety First Initiative Committee 2017-07-13 - Request from the Broomfield Health and Safety First Initiative Committee The following statement is from the Broomfield Health and Safety First Initiative Committee: There is a petition circulating in Broomfield that proposes to add new language to the Broomfield City Charter which would give additional powers to our City Council to promote and protect our health and welfare when making decisions about oil and gas projects. It would also give the City power to enforce those actions necessary to provide that protection through issuing fines or closing down a business that violates this initiative. After we collect 3500 signatures the initiative...
“What can I do?” you ask? Simple. There are many ways to make a difference. From the simple act of writing a letter or an email, to showing up at an event, to hosting a small group at your home.
Here are 5 Things You Can Always Do
- Be Informed and Inform Others
Learn about proposed projects and the potential impacts on Broomfield’s neighborhoods, schools and drinking water. Share what you learn with your neighbors.
- Sign up for Updates, News and Action Alerts Today
Use our signup form in the right of this page to sign up.
- Host a Small Wine or Coffee Gathering
Invite in a few of your friends or neighbors to a wine or coffee gathering and we will provide a speaker to tell them about current and future oil and gas development in Broomfield.
- Attend Broomfield City Council Meetings
Your attendance when oil and gas issues are discussed energizes the Council to keep fighting for us. When available, agendas are posted at: http://broomfield.granicus.com/ViewPublisher.php?view_id=6
- Call and Write Our Elected Officials and the State Regulatory Agencies
By calling, writing a letter or email you help raise the voice of concerned citizens. Consider sending a short email, a postcard or a letter to any of the following, letting them know you have concerns and asking for a response. Download a contact list for Broomfield here. Download a contact list for state elected officials, state regulatory agencies, and federal elected officials for Colorado here.