- Write the City to Express Your Concerns that CDP Was Approved 2018-08-21 - Are you concerned that the City approved the CDP even though it does not comply with the Operator Agreement, City Charter and updated Comprehensive Plan? If so, please take a moment to email City Manager Charles Ozaki and our City Council and express your concerns. City Manager: email@example.com City Council: firstname.lastname@example.org You can read about the approval here. You can read others’ concerns about the approval of the CDP here: “Local Organizations Express Extreme Disappointment to the City After CDP Approval” “Legal Opinion Sent to City that Cannot Approve Non-Final CDP” petition with over 1000 signatures gathered in 24 hours...
- Sign the Petition to the City of Broomfield: Deny the CDP 2018-08-16 - Join us in making a statement to the City of Broomfield! We invite you to read and sign the petition to the City of Broomfield to deny Extraction’s Comprehensive Drilling Plan (CDP). Please sign by Friday, August 17 at 11 am, and we will first deliver the petition to the City at noon on August 17. The short deadline is necessary to impact decisions which could be made at any time. However, please continue to sign the petition through the weekend as there will be a second delivery of signatures to the City on Monday, August 20. You may...
- You Are Needed at a Very Important City Council Meeting on Tues, August 14! 2018-08-12 - You Are Needed at a Very Important City Council Meeting on Tues, August 14! When: 5 p.m. – 6 p.m. to express your concerns about the Comprehensive Drilling Plan And also, if possible, Later in the evening for Item 11f for 3 Amendments to the O & G Regulations Where: George DiCiero City and County Building, Council Chambers, 1 DesCombes Drive You can also email your comments to Council before the August 14 Council Meeting at email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org FROM 5 P.M. – 6 P.M. DURING THE SPECIAL MEETING In gratitude to all who showed up on the sidewalk on August 7...
- Write the City with Your CDP Concerns Before Tuesday’s Executive Session In Response to their Draft Letter to Extraction 2018-08-03 - Please consider taking time from your busy weekend or Monday to voice your specific concerns about Extraction’s Comprehensive Drilling Plan (CDP) to City Council and Staff. On Friday afternoon after announcing a special August 7 Executive Session earlier in the day, the City posted a “draft” undated letter written to Extraction which explains the City’s required conditions for final approval of the CDP. You can review the draft letter here. This draft letter follows a week of twists and turns following the posting of a July 31 letter which stated that City Manager Ozaki would be approving the CDP on...
- Join Others to Express Your Concerns About the Extraction Pads on August 1 at the COGCC 2018-07-19 - Sign Up on July 25 to Speak on August 1 or Just Plan to Attend August 1 Here is a direct link to the signup form for August 1: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfCRPWG8eYizbc1nhAHffKEiVRsPxQnd7x3uQG9b1a6k-L67w/viewform Have you thought about joining others to express your concerns about the proposed Extraction Pads sited in Broomfield, just prior to an unprecedented hearing at the State Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission (COGCC)? The COGCC needs to protect the health, safety and welfare of all people in dense residential neighborhoods which are in close proximity to the Extraction Pads. On Wednesday, August 1 at 9 am in Denver, public...
“What can I do?” you ask? Simple. There are many ways to make a difference. From the simple act of writing a letter or an email, to showing up at an event, to hosting a small group at your home.
Here are 5 Things You Can Always Do
- Be Informed and Inform Others
Learn about proposed projects and the potential impacts on Broomfield’s neighborhoods, schools and drinking water. Share what you learn with your neighbors.
- Sign up for Updates, News and Action Alerts Today
Use our signup form in the right of this page to sign up.
- Host a Small Wine or Coffee Gathering
Invite in a few of your friends or neighbors to a wine or coffee gathering and we will provide a speaker to tell them about current and future oil and gas development in Broomfield.
- Attend Broomfield City Council Meetings
Your attendance when oil and gas issues are discussed energizes the Council to keep fighting for us. When available, agendas are posted at: http://broomfield.granicus.com/ViewPublisher.php?view_id=6
- Call and Write Our Elected Officials and the State Regulatory Agencies
By calling, writing a letter or email you help raise the voice of concerned citizens. Consider sending a short email, a postcard or a letter to any of the following, letting them know you have concerns and asking for a response. Download a contact list for Broomfield here. Download a contact list for state elected officials, state regulatory agencies, and federal elected officials for Colorado here.