- Please Notify Erie by July 17 If You Are Concerned About Proposed Drilling 1/4 Mile North of Anthem 2018-07-12 - Crestone Peak Resources (Crestone) is proposing to drill 15 wells on the ACME Pad, which will be located 1/4 mile north of Anthem Ranch and Anthem Highlands, just northwest of the Kum & Go gas station near Highway 7 and Lowell Blvd. A map of the ACME Pad is available here. Although this pad is just as close to Anthem as the Livingston Pad, this pad will be located north of Anthem in Weld County. The Town of Erie has provided Crestone’s land use application for public review and comment. It is available here. They indicated that any response not received...
- July 10 Council Meeting Agenda: Regulations, Air Quality Plan and NO CDP 2018-07-06 - Please plan to attend the July 10 City Council meeting to express your concerns on critical items related to oil and gas development. In addition to the following important items, it is noteworthy that the Comprehensive Drilling Plan is NOT on the agenda: 1) Item 11a: Ordinance No. 2067 Amending Certain Sections of the Broomfield Municipal Code Concerning Broomfield Oil and Gas Regulations – Second Reading 2) Item 11d: Update on Air Quality Request for Proposals, Soil Gas Testing on Plugged and Abandoned Wells, and the CDPHE Mobile Air Quality Unit Project REGULATIONS A public hearing and possible vote...
- Write to City Council Before July 10 on CDP or Regulation Concerns 2018-07-02 - Comprehensive Drilling Plan Are you concerned that there are many unresolved issues with Extraction’s Comprehensive Development Plan (CDP)? The City has over 40 unresolved issues, and citizens identified many more. Are you concerned that the location of most of the pads is unresolved yet Extraction wants to City to approve the CDP? The State has indicated it will hold a hearing on July 30 & 31 on the pads that are proposed in close proximity to Adams County residents. If you are concerned, please write City Council and staff by Tuesday, July 10, at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask them to stay strong and...
- Please Join Us for a Very Important June 26 Council Meeting on the Comprehensive Drilling Plan 2018-06-21 - Please join us for a very important City Council meeting on Tuesday night, June 26 beginning at 6:00 pm at the George Di Ciero City and County Building at One DesCombes Drive. The City Council will discuss the second half of Extraction’s Comprehensive Development Plan (CDP) and decide what steps to take next. If you are concerned about Extraction’s proposed oil and gas development, we urge you to attend this meeting to encourage the City Council to stay strong. The CDP is item 11c under Council Business. We are unable to provide a precise time for item 11c but assume it will be...
- Join Others to Express Your Concerns at the June 11 COGCC Meeting 2018-06-02 - Sign Up to Speak June 6 – 9 or Just Plan to Attend June 11 Have you thought about joining others to express your concerns about residential oil and gas developments in Broomfield and elsewhere? On June 11 in Greeley, the State Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Committee (COGCC) Meeting will take place in Greeley, CO. If you can get the morning off of work, find a sitter for the vacationing children, or manage to set aside your many other responsibilities, it would be wonderful if you could make your voice heard or support others speaking at this crucial time....
“What can I do?” you ask? Simple. There are many ways to make a difference. From the simple act of writing a letter or an email, to showing up at an event, to hosting a small group at your home.
Here are 5 Things You Can Always Do
- Be Informed and Inform Others
Learn about proposed projects and the potential impacts on Broomfield’s neighborhoods, schools and drinking water. Share what you learn with your neighbors.
- Sign up for Updates, News and Action Alerts Today
Use our signup form in the right of this page to sign up.
- Host a Small Wine or Coffee Gathering
Invite in a few of your friends or neighbors to a wine or coffee gathering and we will provide a speaker to tell them about current and future oil and gas development in Broomfield.
- Attend Broomfield City Council Meetings
Your attendance when oil and gas issues are discussed energizes the Council to keep fighting for us. When available, agendas are posted at: http://broomfield.granicus.com/ViewPublisher.php?view_id=6
- Call and Write Our Elected Officials and the State Regulatory Agencies
By calling, writing a letter or email you help raise the voice of concerned citizens. Consider sending a short email, a postcard or a letter to any of the following, letting them know you have concerns and asking for a response. Download a contact list for Broomfield here. Download a contact list for state elected officials, state regulatory agencies, and federal elected officials for Colorado here.