- Oil and Gas Community Workshop: Wed, Oct 30 from 5:30 pm – 8 pm 2019-10-26 - When: October 30 from 5:30 pm – 8 pm Where: George Di Ciero City and County Building, One DesCombes Drive This second community workshop on the oil and gas regulations will focus on risk, location and siting, and impacts to resources. Its purpose is to allow the public to give input to the revised regulations. Please view the redlined version of the regulations here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1puCbAUPiwez3s2WMlwdJ0WWr0u_PEYhJ/view If you can’t make the meeting, you can also give your feedback at https://www.broomfieldvoice.com/oilandgasregulations
- Attend Community Meeting Monday for Methane Leak Under Anthem Highlands Road 2019-09-28 - The City and County of Broomfield (CCOB) will hold a special meeting on Monday from 6 pm – 7:30 pm at the City Council Chambers to discuss a methane leak CCOB discovered during routine soil and gas testing in Anthem Highlands. This evidence was found under the surface of Graham Peak Way where Davis 43-6 well is plugged and abandoned. See map below. CCOB will live stream the meeting and post the recording on their website later. Families who want to drop their children off in the adjoining conference room are welcome to do so, according to a Saturday morning...
- Please Comment on Acme Pad COGCC Permit By September 27 2019-09-18 - On September 18, the Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission (COGCC) reopened the comment period on the proposed Crestone Acme Pad in Erie, just north of Anthem Ranch on Highway 7. Please consider writing comments to reflect the protection of health, safety and welfare and consideration of cumulative impacts as required by SB19-181 Protect Public Welfare Oil and Gas Operations. You can post your comments here. You can access the Acme Pad permit details on the COGCC permits page . GO to Location Assessment Permits (Form 2A): and then choose Weld County. Search for “Acme.” The previous comment period ended...
- Attend Tuesday City Council or Write to Deny Crestone Request to Lift Moratorium to Process Goltl Pad 2019-09-18 - Please consider writing or attending Council on Tuesday, September 24 to ask that Council deny Crestone’s request to lift the moratorium in order to process their application for the Goltl 26H-0168 pad. Please see the map below of the proposed pad east of I-25, near the intersection of County Road 4 and County Road 11. You can write Council at firstname.lastname@example.org Item 11b on the agenda can be found here. Residents who want to speak on this item need to do so during public comments for that item. The current agenda for Tuesday’s Council meeting can be found here. In...
- Tuesday Air Quality Report and Wednesday Community Input on Oil and Gas Regulations 2019-08-26 - There are two upcoming opportunities for citizen input for those concerned with our air quality and our oil and gas regulation revisions in line with SB19-181. Item 11c on Tuesday’s Council Meeting Agenda beginning at 6 pm is the Report on the 2019 Second Quarter Report for Broomfield’s Air Quality Monitoring Program. You can review the report and comment at the time that the agenda item is heard. You can also submit your comments ahead of time to email@example.comThere is also an Oil and Gas Update for August 27 as Item 13d on the Agenda. You are encouraged to attend...
“What can I do?” you ask? Simple. There are many ways to make a difference. From the simple act of writing a letter or an email, to showing up at an event, to hosting a small group at your home.
Here are 5 Things You Can Always Do
- Be Informed and Inform Others
Learn about proposed projects and the potential impacts on Broomfield’s neighborhoods, schools and drinking water. Share what you learn with your neighbors.
- Sign up for Updates, News and Action Alerts Today
Use our signup form in the right of this page to sign up.
- Host a Small Wine or Coffee Gathering
Invite in a few of your friends or neighbors to a wine or coffee gathering and we will provide a speaker to tell them about current and future oil and gas development in Broomfield.
- Attend Broomfield City Council Meetings
Your attendance when oil and gas issues are discussed energizes the Council to keep fighting for us. When available, agendas are posted at: http://broomfield.granicus.com/ViewPublisher.php?view_id=6
- Call and Write Our Elected Officials and the State Regulatory Agencies
By calling, writing a letter or email you help raise the voice of concerned citizens. Consider sending a short email, a postcard or a letter to any of the following, letting them know you have concerns and asking for a response. Download a contact list for Broomfield here. Download a contact list for state elected officials, state regulatory agencies, and federal elected officials for Colorado here.