- Please Attend Tuesday 9/19 Study Session to Examine Proposed Changes to Extraction Plans 2017-09-14 - Extraction Oil and Gas has presented a new oil and gas development plan to the City of Broomfield that will be reviewed by City Council on Tuesday, Sept. 19 at 6 pm. This 45-page proposal, which includes moving wells and entire well sites, can be found in its entirety on the City website here. Study sessions do not allow for citizen comments, but everyone is strongly encouraged to examine the new proposal and attend the study session. Here is a link to the live broadcast of the 6 p.m. Council Study Session on the new Extraction Proposal. http://broomfield.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?publish_id=165 We...
- GREAT NEWS! Broomfield will have a Local Meeting on the Extraction Spacing Unit Applications 2017-08-27 - GREAT NEWS! Broomfield will have a Local Meeting on the Extraction Spacing Unit Applications! Thank you for signing our BCCN petition that we submitted to the COGCC and thanks to City Special Counsel Tami Yellico for going to the COGCC Hearing in Durango today to support the request of the City. “The Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission (COGCC) agreed at its meeting today to provide the citizens of Broomfield a meeting to provide comments on the proposed Extraction Oil and Gas spacing applications in Broomfield. The meeting will be conducted by at least one member of the COGCC. The...
- Critical Decisions Regarding Oil and Gas Chapter Loom- Please Write Council and Attend on Aug 29 2017-08-22 - Critical decisions regarding the Oil and Gas Chapter loom at the August 29 City Council Study Session and your help is needed to ensure the health and safety of Broomfield residents! Please write to City Council using the email addresses here in order to: request that City Council have their oil and gas counsel present at the Study Session and in any executive sessions to advise on these highly specialized oil and gas issues. This includes Broomfield’s oil and gas coordinator Tami Yellico, and oil and gas attorneys Phil Barber and Elizabeth Paranhos who have been...
- Request from the Broomfield Health and Safety First Initiative Committee: Attend Broomfield City Council August 22 for the Ballot Measure 2017-08-16 - UPDATE TUESDAY, AUGUST 22: City Council voted unanimously to approve the ballot titling as listed below. Thank you for your support! On Tuesday, August 22, the Broomfield City Council will set the title language for the November ballot measure that seeks to ensure that citizens’ health, safety and welfare are protected when the City makes oil and gas decisions. This is the next step in the process after the Broomfield County Clerk accepted 2,847 of the signatures that Broomfield residents gathered and submitted for the initiative. Please come to the Broomfield City Council Meeting this Tuesday, August 22 at 6:00 p.m and show...
- Ask City Council to Take Action to Delay Spacing Unit Application Hearings 2017-07-23 - Are you one of the many residents of Broomfield who feel that something needs to be done to delay the Extraction and Crestone spacing unit applications from moving forward at the COGCC meeting on September 11 in Durango? The Oil and Gas Update Committee has not completed its work and City Council needs time to decide what it will enact or change. There are a myriad of possibilities being proposed to allow time for completion, and it is not only because it is natural for different people to favor different approaches. Unfortunately, it sometimes seems like we are throwing darts...
“What can I do?” you ask? Simple. There are many ways to make a difference. From the simple act of writing a letter or an email, to showing up at an event, to hosting a small group at your home.
Here are 5 Things You Can Always Do
- Be Informed and Inform Others
Learn about proposed projects and the potential impacts on Broomfield’s neighborhoods, schools and drinking water. Share what you learn with your neighbors.
- Sign up for Updates, News and Action Alerts Today
Use our signup form in the right of this page to sign up.
- Host a Small Wine or Coffee Gathering
Invite in a few of your friends or neighbors to a wine or coffee gathering and we will provide a speaker to tell them about current and future oil and gas development in Broomfield.
- Attend Broomfield City Council Meetings
Your attendance when oil and gas issues are discussed energizes the Council to keep fighting for us. When available, agendas are posted at: http://broomfield.granicus.com/ViewPublisher.php?view_id=6
- Call and Write Our Elected Officials and the State Regulatory Agencies
By calling, writing a letter or email you help raise the voice of concerned citizens. Consider sending a short email, a postcard or a letter to any of the following, letting them know you have concerns and asking for a response. Download a contact list for Broomfield here. Download a contact list for state elected officials, state regulatory agencies, and federal elected officials for Colorado here.