- Latest Changes to Extraction Proposal Will Be Discussed at Oct. 17 Study Session 2017-10-14 - Additional negotiated changes between the City and Extraction will be discussed during a Council Study Session on Tuesday, Oct. 17 at 6 p.m. in City Council Chambers. They are described under “Current Status of Negotiations” starting on page 4 of the City’s summary, which is available here. You can find a map of the proposal here. Citizens are usually not permitted to make comments during a study session. You can convey your concerns in two ways: Your presence and attentive listening always makes an impression. The proposal is the first item on the agenda. You should email your concerns to the...
- Submit Your Concerns to the State by October 16 for the COGCC Extraction Hearings 2017-10-13 - Congratulations, Broomfield Residents! You should be proud of how well you articulated your oil and gas development concerns to the State (COGCC) at the October 12 Public Forum. We need to continue to make sure that the COGCC hears our concerns and what action we want the State to take. Here is how you can do it. SUBMIT YOUR 510 STATEMENT TO THE COGCC BY MONDAY, OCTOBER 16. WHY take time to submit a statement? In case the COGCC decides to limit testimony at the hearing itself, your written statement will make sure that all of our voices are heard. ...
- 3 Ways to Ask the Council Candidates Your Oil and Gas Questions at the Oct. 11 Forum! 2017-10-05 - There is a City Council Candidate Forum on Wed, Oct. 11 from 6 pm to 9 pm in City Council Chambers. It is sponsored by the League of Women Voters, the Broomfield Chamber of Commerce, and the Broomfield Enterprise. This is a great opportunity to call attention to oil and gas issues in Broomfield and hear the candidates’ responses. Here are 3 ways to submit your oil and gas questions: 1) By Oct. 6, email your oil and gas questions to firstname.lastname@example.org 2) Attend the Forum on Oct. 11 and submit your questions in writing there. 3) Attend or watch...
- Bring a Friend and Voice your Concerns at Two Key Upcoming Community Meetings! 2017-10-03 - Mark your calendar and grab a friend or neighbor! These two important meetings need your attention . . . and your attendance! Broomfield City and County Council Meeting October 10, 2017 6 pm, Meetings are open to the public and are held at The George Di Ciero City and County Building, 1 DesCombes Drive. Our understanding, based on what we’ve heard from City and Council of Broomfield (CCOB) staff, is that during the Oct 10th City Council meeting, the council will be discussing the amended Extraction proposal. The City Council is currently in negotiations with Extraction regarding this MOU (Memorandum of Understanding)....
- GREAT NEWS! Broomfield will have a Local Meeting on the Extraction Spacing Unit Applications 2017-08-27 - GREAT NEWS! Broomfield will have a Local Meeting on the Extraction Spacing Unit Applications! Thank you for signing our BCCN petition that we submitted to the COGCC and thanks to City Special Counsel Tami Yellico for going to the COGCC Hearing in Durango today to support the request of the City. “The Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission (COGCC) agreed at its meeting today to provide the citizens of Broomfield a meeting to provide comments on the proposed Extraction Oil and Gas spacing applications in Broomfield. The meeting will be conducted by at least one member of the COGCC. The...
“What can I do?” you ask? Simple. There are many ways to make a difference. From the simple act of writing a letter or an email, to showing up at an event, to hosting a small group at your home.
Here are 5 Things You Can Always Do
- Be Informed and Inform Others
Learn about proposed projects and the potential impacts on Broomfield’s neighborhoods, schools and drinking water. Share what you learn with your neighbors.
- Sign up for Updates, News and Action Alerts Today
Use our signup form in the right of this page to sign up.
- Host a Small Wine or Coffee Gathering
Invite in a few of your friends or neighbors to a wine or coffee gathering and we will provide a speaker to tell them about current and future oil and gas development in Broomfield.
- Attend Broomfield City Council Meetings
Your attendance when oil and gas issues are discussed energizes the Council to keep fighting for us. When available, agendas are posted at: http://broomfield.granicus.com/ViewPublisher.php?view_id=6
- Call and Write Our Elected Officials and the State Regulatory Agencies
By calling, writing a letter or email you help raise the voice of concerned citizens. Consider sending a short email, a postcard or a letter to any of the following, letting them know you have concerns and asking for a response. Download a contact list for Broomfield here. Download a contact list for state elected officials, state regulatory agencies, and federal elected officials for Colorado here.