Sign Up on July 25 to Speak on August 1 or Just Plan to Attend August 1
Here is a direct link to the signup form for August 1: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfCRPWG8eYizbc1nhAHffKEiVRsPxQnd7x3uQG9b1a6k-L67w/viewform
Have you thought about joining others to express your concerns about the proposed Extraction Pads sited in Broomfield, just prior to an unprecedented hearing at the State Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission (COGCC)? The COGCC needs to protect the health, safety and welfare of all people in dense residential neighborhoods which are in close proximity to the Extraction Pads.
On Wednesday, August 1 at 9 am in Denver, public comments on the Extraction Pads will be taken at the COGCC. This will be prior to a hearing granted to Adams County on the Form 2/2A permits for the Interchange and Northwest Pads sited in Broomfield, which will take place at a time later that day based on the progress of Commission business. Please see further details about that hearing in our blog here.
Or if you do not wish to attend, you also have an option to submit your written comments ahead of time, with the restriction that if you submit written comments that you will not be allowed to speak at the hearing. Please email written comments to Julie Spence Prine, JD Hearings and Regulatory Affairs Manager at email@example.com Ms. Prine wrote a pledge that all comments emailed to her will be placed in the Commissioners’ portfolio prior to the hearing.
Event: COGCC Public Comments on Proposed Extraction Pads Wednesday, August 1 9-10:30 am
Where: COGCC offices The Chancery Building 1120 Lincoln Street, Suite 801 Denver, Colorado 80203 303-894-2100
UPDATE: Adams County Protest Follows Public Comments on Wednesday
The COGCC preliminary hearing agenda is posted. The Adams County protest (Docket No. 180700647) is scheduled from 11 am – 12:30 pm on Wednesday, immediately after public comments from 9 am – 11 am which are limited to the Broomfield Extraction Pads.
Special Signup Instructions for August 1 Public Comments of 3 Minutes Each
– Signups begin on July 25 at approximately 9 am and end as soon as there are 30 people signed up OR at noon on Friday, July 27, whichever comes first.
– Access to the signup list will be from the COGCC home page https://cogcc.state.co.us/#/home We will update this with the direct link on July 25 when it goes live.
– Fill in the signup form with Docket number 180700647. That is the docket number for the Extraction Form 2/2As. If there is a field on the signup form in which you must specify a date, fill in August 1. The COGCC states if you want to speak on the Extraction Pads it MUST be at the August 1 Public Comments.
– You can show up to speak at the hearing if you miss the signup opportunity. However, the Chair may limit comment time to 2 minutes each and/or ask remaining people to come back at the end of the hearing day.
For further details related to this hearing, please see our blogs on:
– the Adams County Protest of the Interchange and Northwest Pads to be heard August 1
– the COGCC permitting of the Livingston Pad on June 1