Sign Up to Speak June 6 – 9 or Just Plan to Attend June 11
Have you thought about joining others to express your concerns about residential oil and gas developments in Broomfield and elsewhere? On June 11 in Greeley, the State Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Committee (COGCC) Meeting will take place in Greeley, CO. If you can get the morning off of work, find a sitter for the vacationing children, or manage to set aside your many other responsibilities, it would be wonderful if you could make your voice heard or support others speaking at this crucial time. League of Oil and Gas Impacted Coloradans (LOGIC) also asked Broomfield Concerned to share the information about their picnic preceding and following the hearing. Those details are found below.
Event: June COGCC Public Hearing June 11th, 9-11am
You can sign up to speak or be a silent supporter of your neighbors and other impacted Front Range residents. Sign up to speak for 3 minutes from June 6 -9 using the details provided here. The online signups open on June 6 and it is advisable to sign up immediately. Please be prepared to write a short written summary of your statements.
Here are five areas of concern about which you might want to speak or support:
1) Were your own concerns about the Livingston Pad addressed by the COGCC in their responses to citizen comments in their June 1 notice? Please read the details in our news blog on the notice.
2) Did you sign Broomfield Concerned’s petition to the COGCC? Broomfield Concerned will present their petition during public comments.
3) Are you a Wildgrass resident or impacted mineral owner elsewhere? Wildgrass will be presenting their concerns during public comments.
4) Do you live near the Northwest, United or Interchange Pads? Bring your concerns to the attention of the COGCC before the July hearings. (The United Pad permits will not have a hearing.)
5) Residents of Greeley and parents of Bella Romero School children are very concerned about the Extraction drilling near Bella Romero Elementary School. The school is very close to the hearing location, so please attend to support them against the oil and gas industry opposition which will undoubtedly show up.
The League of Oil and Gas Impacted Coloradans (LOGIC) requested that Broomfield Concerned pass along the following invitation:
“On Monday, June 11 the COGCC will host its regular meeting in Greeley at the UNC Campus. LOGIC will be there starting at 7:30 a.m. LOGIC will have light breakfast (7:30 a.m.) and picnic lunch (12:00 p.m.) at the park. After the COGCC hearing, LOGIC will join 350 and No Bella Wells in their rally at Bella Romero.
Please join LOGIC for breakfast and for picnic lunch at the Glenmere Park Shelter in Greeley just south of the UNC Campus – where the hearing will be held. If you don’t get on the initial hearing list, come and Facebook Live your testimony to the COGCC, sign post cards, and support your fellow impacted Coloradans.
Please e-mail Sara Loflin firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to attend or if you have questions. (This will help us to ensure that LOGIC has enough food for everyone).”
If you cannot attend and still want to let the COGCC know your thoughts about residential drilling, you can send an email to:
Julie Murphy, Director Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission
(303) 894-2100 x5122